- 3 cloves garlic, peeled.
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves.
- ¼ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 2 sweet red peppers, diced.
- 1 small hot red pepper seeded and diced, or hot pepper flakes (optional).
- 1 lb ground lamb.
- ⅔ cup dry white wine.
- 6 large plum tomatoes seeded and chopped; juice reserved.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 1 lb fusilli.
- Grated Pecorino cheese.
Mince together garlic and rosemary. Heat extra virgin olive oil in 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat; cook garlic mixture and bay leaves until garlic is softened.
Stir in red peppers and hot pepper (if using); cook for 2 minutes or until peppers are softened. Stir in lamb and brown slowly, breaking up with spoon.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine; cook, stirring with wooden spoon, until most of wine evaporates. Stir in tomatoes and juice, add salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and add to saucepan, stirring to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
You can substitute 1 can (16 oz) plum tomatoes for fresh ones if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes.