Lasagna is a dish to be enjoyed with a fruity red wine, our sommelier suggests Valpolicella Doc Villalta which has a hint of red summer fruits, black cherry notes with a fresh balance medium bodied palate. Valpolicella is a red wine from the Veneto region of Italy. The wine is produced by putting Valpolicella under a second fermentation by adding the skins remaining from Amarone production.This wine retain the vibrancy, freshness and value of traditional Valpolicella, while imparting additional flavor and body.
The medium body and complex flavor profile make this wine a great pairing with a wide range of foods such as hearty pasta like lasagna and strong cheeses.
Much like wine pairing, water pairing comes down to the taste and texture of the beverage. This is why we have chosen S.Pellegrino to be the perfect pairing with Lasagna and Villalta wine.
S.Pellegrino is renowned for its crisp, long-lasting bubbles, which feel creamy on the palate and slightly salty. This sparkling water is well-balanced with acidity for an overall refreshing, and thirst-quenching feel. The perfect drink for a flavorful meal, to balance a full-bodied wine or to savour on its own. S.Pellegrino pairs well with red wines, rosés or wines with lower alcohol content.
Try this Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Recipe
- 20 noodles lasagna
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon La Baleine salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Ducros Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Ducros Basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground Ducros black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups tomato pasta Sacla sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil until onions are tender. Drain excess liquid and cool. Boil spinach for 5 minutes. Drain, then squeeze out excess liquid. Chop spinach.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, spinach, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and egg in a bowl. Add cooled mushroom mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Lay 5 lasagna noodles in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread one third of the cheese/spinach mixture over noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese on top. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce over cheese. Repeat layering 2 times.
- Cover dish with aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Buon Appetito !